Thursday, January 6, 2011

Every time I feel distant and disappointed with the state of the world, I watch my cousin and his wife dance their first waltz at their wedding. You feel stuck.... transfixed as a spectator, at the couple revolving slowly on the spot infront of you.

I don't know what it is.

But I always feel this intense urge to somehow extract the magnificent aura of love surrounding them, melt it into small parcels before catapulting them as shooting stars around the universe.

I still am a strong believer that pure love can undo the worse wrongs. It makes us forget about the burdens weighing at the forefront of our minds, gives us relief from unhappy memories, offers insight into our enemies, inspires us to insert compassion into our dealings with the world at large and eradicates the notion of self-centredness from our dispositions.

For once you desire to care for someone else, not out of obligation or necessity but simply because you want to. To experience this complete act of selflessness, I feel, is the sole purpose of our existence on this Earth.

For me, it renews my determination to continue living.

It presents me with hope, a reason, to keep forging ahead. May this year be a year of love because there's never enough love for everyone to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment